IT Software Developer
We have a requirement for an IT Software Developer to join the in-house development team. You will assist with the development of new and existing business systems in support of the company`s overall growth plans. The software team covers the development of new custom solutions and improvements of our internal Adobe Coldfusion based management application with MySQL database integration, various API’s via XML/Json.
Reporting to the Head of ICT and working alongside our ICT Development Manager, the successful candidate will thrive in a small team, they must enjoy technology with an active willingness to learn and solve problems. You must also have the ability to work with various levels of Management and communicate technical jargon in a non-technical way.
To be considered for this role, we’d need you to have exposure and proven experience to as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Abode ColdFusion or alternative web language
- Practical experience of software development using HTML, Web API’s and MySQL Server is a must!
Key responsibilities will include:
- requirements analysis
- problem solving
- software design
- unit testing
- integration testing
- production testing
- production support
- media screensIdeally you will be a highly motivated and skilled individual with strong academic qualifications or other evidence of high aptitude and the ability to learn new skills very quickly. Evidence of first class craftsmanship and of difficult assignments undertaken in the past. A self-starter, who is well-organised and enjoys working under pressure:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent understanding of web technologies
- Excellent understanding of website security
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of developing phone apps would be advantageous as would ensuring all systems developed are mobile/tablet friendly.
To find out how to apply for these positions please call our HR department on 0844 7709378 for more information.